Saturday 12 November 2011

The trilogy of "Third Date Guy" is over.


So I went out with Third Date Guy for the last time. 

Randomly he called me and wanted me to go with him to this live show at a pub. I never go to pubs, because I teach kids and I don't want there ever to be a rumor about me that I am a party girl. I don't drink at all, so it's just the best thing to stay out of that lifestyle. This time I acquiesced, and decided to go. 

Instead of picking me up, he wanted me to drive to his house, and meet him there so we could go together. Not the biggest deal, but disappointing. He parked quite far away, so that parking would be free. Why do guys do this? It's rude. Just pay the freaking $4!!! When we got in the pub, he didn't want to sit with his actual friends, because he was still mad at them for telling me that he didn't like me and was playing me. I know... why the heck was I going out with him again? God knows. 

He ended up inviting a couple that he works with. WOW, a double date that he didn't mention. Thanks for making my night awkward, making awkward stilted conversation with people that I don't know. 

The live show was BAD. Like, demand-your-money-back-bad. I was like, "I set my integrity aside for this? What a waste." Like, if I was going to go to a bar to see a show it better be someone actually good, not some amature night. One thing I can say though, is that he bought me a pop. And I mean that he actually paid for it in full, and didn't try to get me to pay. The trouble came after his friends left. 

So we were "trying" to get to know each other better, so I had asked him all kinds of questions. Just normal get to know you questions... like What do you do for a living? What kind of church do you like to go to? How old are you? Do you like kids? What do you do in your spare time? Do you like to travel? And he asked me a lot of questions as well.  Just normal things... but all of a sudden he turned into a crazy person. I do a lot of kids ministry, aka, Sunday school teaching, things like that... and I asked him if he liked to teach kids at all. This was the catalyst. He freaked out and started saying that he didn't know, and then he contradicted all the answers to all the questions that I had ever asked him? Then he said that he didn't know "who he was in God." Now, WTF does that even mean? I raised my eyebrows, and said "Ok, we're done here, drive me back to my car now." On the 8 block walk back to the car, he accused me of many different things, one of which was verbally attacking him on purpose to make him feel small. Dude, you're 5 foot 3, I don't NEED to do that. And IF I had wanted to attack you, I damn well would have. But I didn't, it was just the crazy talking. (On his side). 

On the drive home, he started CRYING and told me all these really personal things about him and his life, and I don't think I have ever prayed so hard to get somewhere faster. I am really uncomfortable when men cry. Especially if they are wussy guys. Like dude, I am bad enough, I don't need another girly man around to be an example to me and future children. Suck it up. We FINALLY got back to his house and he JUST KEPT TALKING AND CRYING IN THE CAR. I think we were there for an hour, and inside my brain I was screaming for Jesus to come and save me. Finally I just said that I didn't want to be friends, and not to contact me anymore. But a week later, I had an email/texts. I ignored it. Another email. So we texted for maybe a week, him waking me up at 3am to say rude and insulting comments, then say that he was "only joking".... and I told him to leave me alone for real this time. A week went by, and an email. I replied and told him to get a clue and not contact me again. I told him I wouldn't speak to him again, unless it was at church to say good morning, with witness's around. Finally.... he left me alone. 

This ends the Trilogy of Third Date Guy.

I wish I had a Danny Tanner life lesson for you here, but I'm still astonished that I let this happen myself. If you don't trust someone, stay away from them, even if it's like a page-turner and you want to find out what happens at the end. It's just not worth it. Also, I will be forever indebted to my friend who told me about "airplane mode" for my iPhone... no more texts waking me up at night.