Monday 12 September 2011

# 38 Third Date Guy

I wrestled with writing about "Third Date Guy" because we have a lot of mutual friends and I see him occasionally. I really didn't want to cause offence, or hurt his feelings at all because he is genuinely a really nice, cool, funny guy. I really enjoyed hanging out with him, and we probably would still be friends if he hadn't texted me at 3am all the time and pissed me off.

I met "Third Date Guy" through friends, at a dance party of all things. In case you were wondering, yes, he can do the "worm" and yes, I have a video of it. He seemed pretty nice, and a few months later we went out for coffee. Except the "coffee" was really hot chocolate and a walk around the ledge grounds late at night. Usually I don't walk around in the dark with strange men, but I'm getting old. I don't have that much time to worry about rapists and serial killers. He was a nice guy, decent looks, knew how to make conversation, and I really respected what he does for a living. Yeah, he's a nice guy. The only thing I didn't really like about him was his hair, which kind of looked like flock of seagulls. If you don't know who that is, please google it. Or, click this handy link.


So now that you know what kind of music I grew up with on the radio, you understand why I was happy that he wore a lot of hats. Stylish ones too, which gets extra points. Things were going really great until... I don't know how this happened. This has never happened to me before. You know when you think back and wish that you could relive that moment and do things differently? Or erase someone's memory? This was one of those times. Except I actually forgot about this myself, and when I looked in my bad blind date journal for notes on this date there it was in black and white. 

I took a sip of my hot chocolate, and choked on it and threw up right there and then on the street. Projectile. 
Right in front of this guy. 
Hahahaha. 

I don't know which is worse, projectile vomit or this hairstyle.